Educational Assistance and College Preparation
eKnowledge Corporation's Military Donation program offers free $200 SAT/ACT Test prep programs to military service members and their families.
- Stratagee.com Smart Search™ is unique web-based software that allows parents, students and professionals to identify and compare colleges based on a student's likelihood of admission and eligibility for financial aid. It is the fastest, most accurate way to determine where a student might Get In and Get Aid™.
National Resource Directory
An online partnership for wounded, ill and injured service members, veterans, their families and those who support them.
- Military One Source
- Combat Veterans Information
- Survivors Benefits
- Military.com post deployment website
- Military.com PTSD website
I'm Already Home
Website dedicated to help bring service members home to strong families.
Department of Veterans Affairs, Vet Centers
Vet Centers provide readjustment counseling and outreach services to all veterans who served in any combat zone. Services are also available for their family members for military related issues. Veterans have earned these benefits through their service and all are provided at no cost to the veteran or family.
United Through Reading
A program for military families that helps keep parents and children connected while separated during long deployments, through the medium of reading aloud on videotape or DVD.
- Resources for OIF/OEF Veterans and Their Families
- Operation: Military Kids
- Gold Star Wives Of America, Inc. Gold Star Wives Of America, Inc. is an organization of military widows/widowers whose spouse died while on active duty or from service connected disabilities. This military survivors organization has been serving war widows from all conflicts and service connected disabilities since it was founded in 1945. Folds of Honor Foundation is proud to be affiliated with Gold Star Wives of America, Inc. and thank them for supporting our mission.
Mental Health and Addiction
US Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Services Administration Resources for Returning Veterans and Their Families
- Military Pathways
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
Linking those in need of mental health or substance abuse services with providers 24 hours a day. Call 800-522-9054.
The problem and Compulsive Gambling Helpline
1-800-522-4700 Toll-Free, 24-Hours a Day, Certified Gambling Counselors
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis. 1-800-273-TALK (8255). You will be routed to the closest possible crisis center in your area. With over 120 crisis centers across the country, our mission is to provide immediate assistance to anyone seeking mental health services.
- American Association of Suicidology
Veterans and Military Health
Lists many related articles specific to conditions, family concerns, etc.
- US Dept of Veteran Affairs, National Center for PTSD
- US Dept of Veteran Affairs, OEF/OIF Transition Assistance Program
- Resources for Supporting Families Dealing with Parental Mental Illness
- Resources for Student Veterans and Active-Duty Military
- Operation Enduring Families
Information and support for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, their families and friends
National Alliance for Mental Illness
Oklahoma Resources for Combat Veterans
Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom Readjustment Program
Wide-ranging program that examines the needs of returning veterans and helps them find the best treatment options. Services include weekly support groups, a PTSD recovery program, family mental health aid, substance abuse treatment, neuropsychological assessment, vocational rehabilitation and supported employment. Contact Edwina Luker at 405-270-0501, ext. 3214.
- Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Oklahoma Vet Center Locations
Services: Individual Counseling, Group Counseling, Sexual Trauma Counseling, Marital/Family Counseling, Bereavement Counseling, Drug and Alcohol Referral, Employment Guidance, Liaison with VA & Community Resources, Benefits Assistance, and Community Education
Tulsa: 1408 S. Harvard, Tulsa, OK 74112, (918) 748-5105
Oklahoma City: 3033 N. Walnut Suite 101 W, Oklahoma City, OK 73105, (405) 270-5184
To suggest recourses to add to the list, please email [email protected]