Helping Hands

Higher Education Scholarships

The Higher Education Scholarship program is for spouses and dependents of service members who are enrolled, or planning to enroll, in an undergraduate program of study leading to a bachelor’s degree at an accredited U.S. college or university. Enrollment in an accredited technical or trade school program, which results in a certificate or diploma, are also acceptable – so long as the applicant doesn’t currently have a bachelor’s degree. No scholarship can be awarded to those pursuing a second undergraduate or graduate school (Master’s/Doctorate) degree.

Applicants must re-apply each year they wish to receive funding. Dependent(s) of the service-member must be 24 years of age or younger and unmarried.

Spouse of service-member has no age requirements/limitations, but cannot be re-married using former spouse’s military service documents.

Service-member (of any branch; active duty w/ Purple Heart or National Guard/Reserves) must be one of the following:

KIA, killed in the line of duty, or suffered the loss of a limb; died of any cause while on active duty or after being classified as having a service-connected disability; or who has a 10% or higher combined service-connected evaluation, rated by the Veteran’s Administration. If applicant’s service-member is currently active duty, they can only be eligible to apply for a scholarship if the service-member has a Purple Heart or loss of limb, and provides current orders.


If you have any questions regarding the application process or required documents needed to apply, please download the checklist above or email [email protected].

PLEASE NOTE: This is a page currently in development. Any information on this page is for development purposes and not accurate.