The “Dream of 13” Story…
Support Seamus Casey’s Dream of 13 Fundraiser – CLICK HERE
At 11 Years Old – Bouldering Record & Devil’s Tower Summit
On July 21, 2015, eleven-year-old Seamus Casey shattered the Campbell County Recreation Center bouldering record (tripling the previous record of 19 that was set by an adult) by completing 57 laps, in 2 hours and 48 minutes, around the indoor climbing wall replica of Devil’s Tower National Monument.
On October 11th, 2015 Seamus climbed Devil’s Tower, one of the top 50 climbs in North America. Later, Black Diamond Climbing Equipment made him “Famous Seamus” by publishing a picture of him just below the summit (on the 6th Pitch of the Durrance Route, rated 5.7). There were thousands of responses from all around the world as young Seamus inspired others, both young and old, to pursue their own dreams.
At 12 Years Old – Grand Teton Summit
On August 17, 2016, twelve-year-old Seamus Casey cleared another obstacle by following the historic Owen-Spalding Route up 13,776 feet to the beautiful iconic peak of the Grand Teton near Jackson Wyoming. Once again the Gillette News Record and Black Diamond Climbing Equipment took note of his amazing journey and shared his photo (just below the summit) and story with their readers. With all the unintentional publicity and many words of encouragement, people began to ask, “What’s next Seamus?”
Now, at 13 Years Old – “Dream of 13” Scholarships
In the past, Seamus’ accomplishments have come from a simple love of climbing and a dogged competitive spirit. This year, however, he hopes to use his gifts and unanticipated publicity to help others fulfill their dreams too.
On July 19th – 21st, 2017 Seamus will attempt to:
- Break his own Bouldering Record
- Ride a bike 65 miles to Devil’s Tower
- Climb 867 feet to the summit of Devil’s Tower National Monument
- Seamus’ “Dream of 13” challenge is to raise funds for 13 Educational Scholarships of $5000 each (totaling $65,000) for the spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service members.
- Your support and contributions will enable those families to receive funds to subsidize the costs of tuition, school books, fees, on-campus room, and board, approved educational tutoring, and other approved educational expenses that a student’s school may deem appropriate.