Do-It-Yourself fundraising is an exciting new way for you to make an impact and help the Folds of Honor Foundation meet our mission by raising funds, your way! Hosting your own fundraiser can be as simple as hosting a bake sale or as exciting as hosting a concert, golf outing, birthday, in honor/in memory of, or running in a race! The options are endless!!! The key is to find an event or activity that you are passionate about and that you think your friends, family, and colleagues will support.
Here are some suggestions to get started:
- Patriot Golf Day – Dedicate your game or host an event at your local golf course
- Sports – Participate in a cycle, triathlon, or 5K, or host a tournament
- Birthdays – Donate your birthday to the cause, and ask for donations
- Special Occasions – Include your special occasion, like a wedding or baby shower, and collect donations
- Holidays– Ask for donations in lieu of gifts
- Parties– Bring your friends and family together for the cause. You can host a casino night, happy hour, pancake breakfast, potluck dinner, or any type of party
- Be Creative – Engage in a type of activity that you would like to do
All you need to do to get started is pick your registration type below.
Step 1: Click register as an individual or create a team to begin your do-it-yourself fundraiser. You will receive your own personal page and tools to help you maximize your success.
Step 2: Get personal: Add a photo and share your story on why you are raising funds for the Folds of Honor Foundation. By telling your story, your friends and family will feel more connected to the cause.
Step 3: Send emails: Use the tools to send emails to your network of contacts, telling them why you are raising funds for the Folds of Honor Foundation and making the ask for donations.
Some helpful tips on how to maximize donations are:
Go first: Make a donation to your page. Others are more inclined to give when they see that you are dedicated to the cause.
Get social: Did you know that fundraisers raise 40% more by using social media? Let all of your friends and followers know that you are raising money, and share why the cause is important to you.
Follow up: Did you know that it takes, on average, 3 asks to result in one gift? Once you have received a donation, don’t forget to thank your donor.
There are tools within the participant center that will assist you in emailing your contacts to announce your event and ask for donations. Consider sending a “Save the Date” for physical events. Use your social media networks to drive people to your fundraising page.
If you need any help or ideas, don’t hesitate to reach out! We are your biggest cheerleaders and want to help make your fundraiser successful. For support, please email [email protected], or give us a call at 918.274.4700.
Good luck and thanks for joining the mission!