The Folds of Honor foundation has two types of scholarship programs that it offers; the Children’s Fund Scholarship that serves Kindergarten through 12th grade students and the Higher Education Scholarship that serves those seeking a first bachelor’s degree or a certification at a post-secondary institution. Both types of the Folds of Honor scholarships are based on “unmet need” as determined by documentation submitted by the awardee and can be valued up to $5000. Since it’s inception in 2007, Folds of Honor has awarded approximately 20,000 scholarships. In 2018-2019, we awarded nearly 4000 scholarships to military families, providing nearly $20 million in educational support.
Our window of application is open each calendar year from February 1 – April 1 for the upcoming academic year. Award or Denial notifications are sent in the summer. We do not award scholarships on an emergency basis; every dollar possible is awarded at notification.
Important note: The 2019-2020 application has been revamped for this year’s cycle to make the user experience easier and more efficient. Please make sure you are answering each question very carefully. Click on the link to preview the changes to the application. Below are some of the changes you may notice.
The new application features the following changes:
- Pre-qualification questions to guide applicants to the correct application or discontinue an application if an applicant does not qualify for the Folds of Honor Scholarship;
- Shorter application if an applicant has previously been awarded a scholarship with Folds of Honor;
- Some questions have been eliminated and some have been combined to shorten the application;
- Logical questions/options will appear or disappear depending on your responses to the previous questions;
- ONLY the required documentation described in the Checklists will be accepted!